Why Is Office Cleaning Important?
This 2019 Guide to Office Cleaning provides helpful tips to keep your working environment clean and hygienic. Keeping a clean office has many benefits:
Boost corporate image
Having a clean office helps to improve your corporate image. An office that is visually appealing shows your visitors that you have high standards.
Improve employee morale
A clean and hygienic workspace helps improves employee morale by creating a feeling of a safe, healthy and vibrant place to work
Combat staff absenteeism
You can combat staff absenteeism and turnover by ensuring that germs in the workplace are kept to a minimum. This small change can improve the bottom line.
Are There Germs In My Office?
Yes, your office is full of germs, ranging from food posioning strains such as samlmonella and ecoli to the common flu, colds and the norovirus
The number of germs per square inch on the average worktop
The average office desk contains 400 times more germs than a toilet seat
The Office Cleaning Contract Checklist
When considering or drafting your cleaning contract make sure you decide on the following:
- Frequency – how often you need the office needs cleaning? Is it a one-off clean, once a week or every day? One off cleans typically involve advanced projects such as ingrained dirt or high-level window cleans.
- Days of Week – What days of the week do you need the office cleaned? This will depend on how busy the office is or how much cleaning is needed to facilitate staff or to make a good impression on visiting clients.
- The Cleaning Routine – What days of the week do you need the office cleaned? This will depend on how busy the office is or how much cleaning is needed to facilitate staff or to make a good impression on visiting clients.
- Types of Cleaning Products – Usually your cleaning company will advice you here on the best types of products for specific jobs.
- Service Level Agreement – It may be that your company requires specific stadards to be met. Consider how quickly the job needs to be done and draft that into the contract with your cleaning company.
- Insurance – Make sure that either your company or the cleaning company you work with are insured against any losses due to neglience or damage.
- Pricing – how often you need the office needs cleaning? Is it a one-off clean, once a week or every day? One off cleans typically involve advanced projects such as ingrained dirt or high-level window cleans.
- Cleaning Service Types – There are lots of types of office cleaning ranging from jantorial services to more advanced high level cleans.
- Choose A Reliable Partner – If you’re looking to work with a cleaning company, particuarly with long term projects, make sure you choose a reliable partner. Check that the cleaning company meets the accrediations and experience required to carry out the work
- Cleaning Service Checklist – There are lots of types of office cleaning ranging from jantorial services to more advanced high level clean
What Parts of the Office Need Cleaning?
Our fully trained staff are able to clean carpets below the reach of normal vacuum cleaners, removing stubborn stains and germs.
Floor surfaces over time become ingrained with tough dirt. Our cleaning products help remove this sub-surface dirt and restore floor surfaces to a clean and hygienic state.
Our Promise To Clients
Our service quality is built on years of experience and adherence to the highest safety standards. We are accredited by ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management. Our accreditations also include PASMA, NACSC, CITB, and IOSH.
We have built our reputation working with clients across a different sectors and regions including London, the South East, and the wider UK as far north as Aberdeen. Recent clients include Kent Police, General Electric, Stantec, Air Studios, Country Style Living and MWH Global.